Please take some time to become familiar with airport signs and markings.
There are certain procedures we use to avoid runway incursions, these are taught throughout your training program and are an important
factor in safety.
A quick summary:
– always have a current runway/taxi diagram, study it if unfamiliar
– read back ALL hold short and runway instructions
– write down the ATC taxi instruction first, then confirm with the taxi diagram, then start taxi
– never perform any tasks during taxi that could distract you (checklists, switches, avionic setup etc.)
– come to a complete stop before tending to any other task
– look for traffic before you start your taxi, you may have been given a bad instruction